Thursday, November 12, 2009

photos I sell and fine art I paint.

This year I realize that I am perhaps more fine artist than illustrator. I love illustration, but I have decided to dedicate myself commercially as a photographer, and leave the rest of my art for me.

I don't mind selling my work, in fact I am honored to. But I want to create paintings for me, regardless if they are liked or not.

This is sort of a big realization for me, especially since my major is in illustration. I do not regret my major whatsoever. Studying illustration has taught me how to paint fast and how to work in several mediums. This is actually why I did major in illustration. Because I wanted a well rounded art education.

My main goal without any titles, is to create.

Photographer, illustrator, fine artist, lady with paper and paint... someone who must create.

No comments:

Post a Comment