Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Industrial Landscape

A landscape of gray. A concrete world. A series that I have been working on for a couple of years now. 

Man Vs. Nature. 

I am intrigued by Natures endurance and strength to over come and adapt to man's industrial landscape. When birds do not have trees... they make do. They survive. And I think that is beautiful. 



















































I use a mixture of paper, acrylic paint, gold leaf, sometimes photographs, and wires or string.
When painting, I very rarely create rules for myself. I let go and give in to my ideas, it doesn't matter how as long as I get there.

2 comments:

  1. Ha. I like how you mentions "man" vs nature. I am surprised the little feminist brooding inside you let that one slip. Well, I guess its "man" that caused all the trouble in the first place right.

    Love the work! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is amazing leanne, just like your photography! i am so impresssed!! :)
    hugs,
    Popeh

    ReplyDelete